top of page
Fri, Nov 03|
Simpson Querrey Biomedical Research Ctr
NITMB Kickoff Workshop
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Nov 03, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Simpson Querrey Biomedical Research Ctr, 302 E Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
About the event
The 2023 NITMB Kickoff workshop will bring together faculty, post-docs and students to learn about the exciting research and educational opportunities at the National Institute for Theory and Mathematics in Biology. This one day meeting will highlight the mission of the institute and will include short presentations overviewing all five research themes, educational and training activities, and funding opportunities. It will also feature brainstorming sessions with plenty of time for informal discussions.
- Date: Friday, November 3rd, 2023.
- Location: Simpson Querrey Biomedical Research Center, 302 E Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611
- Parking: The nearest Northwestern parking garage is at 321 E Erie Street. - Chicago campus parking information
- Public Transportation: The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) maintains an extensive system of elevated trains (also known as “the L”) and buses throughout Chicago. The closest train stop is the Red Line–Chicago stop (Chicago and North State). From there it is a 20-minute walk to the Lurie Building. Buses 3, 66 120, 121 and 157 all stop directly across the street from our building.
- Intercampus Shuttle: For Northwestern faculty, staff or students the shuttle that runs between the Evanston and Chicago campuses is a convenient option. A valid Wildcard is required. The closest shuttle stop to our building is the Ward building on Chicago Avenue. - Northwestern Intercampus Shuttle Information
- Schedule: 8:00am - 9:00am - Breakfast 9:00am - 9:30am - Opening Remarks 9:45 -10:30am - Theme 1: Fitness and Optimization 10:30am - 11:00am - Coffee break 11:00am - 11:45am - Theme 2: Learning and Adaptation 11:45am - 1:30pm - Lunch with random assigned rooms/tables for participants 1:30pm - 2:15pm - Theme 3: Fidelity and Variation 2:15pm - 2:30pm - Short break 2:30pm - 3:15pm - Theme 4: Prediction and Anticipation 3:15pm - 3:45pm - Coffee Break 3:45pm - 4:30pm - Theme 5: Information Processing 4:45pm - 5:30pm - Brainstorm groups 5:30pm - 7pm - Reception
bottom of page